MicroBioSensor is led by serial biotechnology entrepreneurs, Curtis Dobson and Gordon Baker, alongside a team of experienced executive and non-executive directors.
Curtis Dobson BSc, PhD, FRSB
Executive Chairman and Co-Founder
- 20 years’ experience of technology commercialisation.
- Professor of Translational Biology, University of Manchester (2010-date). Research sponsored by US and EU medical device / consumer health companies. Multiple granted patent holder.
- Deputy Associate Dean for Business Engagement, Faculty of Biology Medicine and Health, University of Manchester.
- Member of BBSRC Bioscience for Industry Strategy Panel.
- Founder / CEO of Ai2 Ltd. (2003-2010). Negotiated licensing deals with global medical device companies.
- BBSRC Commercial Innovator of the Year 2014. Winner of four Bionow Awards.
Gordon Barker BSc, PhD, MBA
CEO and Co-founder
- Leads commercial activity. Overall responsibility for investor relations and company operations.
- Serial life sciences entrepreneur, having helped found 4 University spinouts (incl. C4X Discovery and Gentronix).
- Successful track-record in growing early stage businesses, raising investment and securing key commercial partnerships with leading international firms.
- Chairman of Keswick Mountain Rescue Team (2014 – to date).
Duncan Henderson BSc, PhD
- Leads product development activity in the company.
- Project manager for three successful major grant funded projects at MicroBioSensor (SBRI, Innovate UK).
- MD and R&D manager (Ai2 Ltd) Manchester, developing peptide-coatings for medical devices (2013-2018).
- Team and Project Leader (Bioscience CV/GI, AstraZeneca R&D, 2011-2012). Led antibody drug discovery team.
- Team and Project Leader (Target Validation, AstraZeneca R&D, 2001-2010). Led various teams focusing on disease target validation, assessment of new technologies and drug discovery.
Nishal Govindji-Bhatt BSc, PhD
- 12 years’ experience as a medical microbiologist.
- Lead scientist for all company research programmes.
- Bionow Healthcare Project of the Year 2017 award winner (STAR technology for UTI diagnosis).
- Research Associate (Manchester University). Developed core MicroBioSensor technology.
- Research Scientist Neutec Pharma (Novartis, 2007-2009).
Peter Foster BSc, PhD
- 35 years’ experience in senior management / board roles in the medical / biotech sector, & experience of taking numerous IVDs to market.
- Amersham (Medical diagnostics R&D project leader).
- Serono Diagnostics (R&D manager).
- Shield Diagnostics/Axis Shield (Technical Director and Board Director).
- Euro-Diagnostica (CEO and Board Director).
- Pacific Edge (Non-Executive Director).
- Pictor Limited (Non-Executive Director).
- Symansis (CEO and Board Director).
- Epistem Limited (Technical Director).
Professor William Kilgallon BSc, PhD MBA, FICM
- 33 years’ experience in peritoneal dialysis business development.
- Cybex Ventures, CEO (2010-date).
- Baxter Healthcare (Chicago/London), Senior Vice President for Global Strategy (2007-2009).
- Fresenius Healthcare (Frankfurt / London), Vice President (2000-2007).
- Baxter Healthcare (Belgium), Global Marketing Director (1998-2000).
- Baxter Healthcare (Belgium), European Marketing Director (1996-1998).
- Sigma-Aldrich (UK) (Business Development Director) (1988-1993).